SOMM ACE Privacy Principles
- We only collect personal data that we believe to be relevant and required to conduct our business.
- We will not disclose your personal data outside SOMM ACE unless we have expressly informed you or have your consent or are required by law.
- We aim to keep your personal data accurate and up-to-date.
- We maintain appropriate security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to your personal data.
Under this PICS, unless the context otherwise requires, the following words and expressions shall have the following meanings:
“Database” means the database of our customers’ Personal Data.
“Our Stores” include SOMM ACE and other store formats that we may operate from time to time (whether online or offline).
“Our Subsidiaries” means all the retail and manufacturing divisions operating under SOMM ACE offering Retail Goods or Services to consumers.
“Our Website” means www.sommace.com
“Retail Goods or Services” means sales of goods or provision of services in relation to any of the following (whether through physical or online channels): food, water & beverages, restaurants, catering, groceries, household products, general merchandise, health & beauty, lifestyle, pharmaceuticals, fragrance & cosmetics, baby products, wine and liquor, cigarettes and cigars, stationery, books and paper products, confectionary, toys, clothing, shoes, textiles, fashion accessories, bags & luggage, jewellery, watches, furniture, plants and accessories, office supplies, sports & leisure equipment, phones & mobile devices, electronics & electrical appliances, computer software and games, music, pet products, fuel, motor vehicle services and educational products and services.
Personal Information Collection Statement (PICS)
This Statement is made by SOMM ACE (“We” or “Us” or “Our”) in accordance with the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”).
Purpose of Collection and usage
The personal data collected from you to SOMM ACE will be used for the purpose of providing our services to you and to improve customer experience.
Depending on the purpose of the collection, SOMM ACE may collect personal data from you includes but not limited to your name, email address, contact number, mailing and delivery addresses, date of birth, social network, gender, age, shopping preferences and hobbies.
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide personal data marked with asterisks. If you do not provide such personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the products or services you requested.
Use of your Personal Data
We will use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- for processing your application as our customer who has registered for an account in Our Website;
- for providing you with our services or notifying you of changes to our services that may affect you;
- for the normal management, operation, and maintenance of Our Website;
- for providing you with regular communications from us with details of our retail business and benefits;
- for providing you with Retail Goods or Services which you have requested;
- for processing your order for purchases at Our Stores, including verifying your payment details/status;
- for carrying out prize draws, games or competitions which you have entered;
- for carrying out data sorting and analysis to enable us to better understand your characteristics and buying behaviour and to provide other services better tailored to your needs, and to assist us in selecting Retail Goods or Services that are likely to be of interest to you;
- for designing new or improving existing services provided by us, and/or Our Subsidiaries to you;
- for investigation of complaints, suspected suspicious transactions, and research for service improvement;
- for prevention or detection of crime;
- for disclosure as required by law; and
- for aggregated behavioural analysis.
if you give your consent for direct marketing:
- for communicating with you on events, services, promotions, and special offers of SOMM ACE;
- for communicating with you for potential support to SOMM ACE; and
- for other purposes directly relating to any of the above.
We will collect and combine information you provide to us through various channels, such as online channels like websites / Facebook / Instagram / mobile applications, offline channels like physical application forms, or publicly available information about you. We use this information to help improve your experience and communicate with you about events and offerings that may be of interest.
Disclosure and Transfer of Information
Your personal data will be kept confidential and handled by the authorized staff of SOMM ACE. Personal data may be transferred to third parties involved in fulfilling the aforesaid purposes (e.g. pass your information to the courier company in order to make delivery of the products to you), or such other persons as required by law.
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
You have a right to request access to, and to request the correction of, the personal data and other related information you supplied in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486). Such requests and enquiries should be made by any one of the following means: (a) by email to email@example.com (b) by post to Room 8, 3/F, New Timely Factory Building, 497 Castle Peak Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon.
Some of the web pages on Our Website contain "cookies" to enhance your experience of this website. Cookies are text files placed in your computer's Internet browser to store your preferences (e.g. language, font size). Cookies, by themselves, do not disclose to us your e-mail address or other personal data. SOMM ACE only obtains this information when you choose to provide it to the website. However, once you choose to furnish the website with your personal data, such data may be linked to data stored in the cookie. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. If you would prefer, you can set your browser to disable cookies or inform you when they are set. However, if you do so, certain functionalities of this website may not be available to you.
We also use third-party cookies such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook, Instagram to analyse anonymised data to help us understand how our audiences interact with Our Website so that we can improve the overall experience. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the online shop, where visitors have come to the online shop from and the pages they visited. The cookie itself does not collect any Personally Identifiable Information.
The information collected by means of cookies on this website about you will be used only for compiling aggregate statistics on how visitors browse the website. Such statistics are collected for the purpose of managing and improving the design of the website.
When you visit Our Websites, we will record your visit only as a ‘hit’. The webserver makes a record of your visit that includes your IP addresses (and domain names), the types and configurations of browsers, language settings, geo-locations, operating systems, previous sites visited, and time/duration and the pages visited (collectively, ‘webserver access log’, visitor data). We use the visitor data for the purpose of maintaining and improving our websites such as to determine the optimal screen resolution, which pages have been most frequently visited, etc. We use such data only for website enhancement, optimisation, and product development purposes. We do not use and have no intention to use the visitor data to personally identify anyone.
Linking with Third Parties
Please be aware that our websites may contain links to other sites hosted by third parties. Different rules may apply to their collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to review other websites’ policies before revealing any personally identifiable or sensitive information. We do not control, and are thus not responsible for, the content or privacy practices and policies of such other sites and under no circumstances shall we have any liability whatsoever for the activities conducted by or at any website accessed from or through SOMM ACE websites.
We will send you marketing updates or promotional news only if you have given your consent to us. If you have changed your mind, you may inform us by any one of the following means: (a) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (b) by post to Room 8, 3/F, New Timely Factory Building, 497 Castle Peak Road, Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon to remove your name from the distribution list for direct marketing purposes. We will not provide your personal data to third parties for direct marketing or other unrelated purposes without your consent.